The Student Wellbeing Boost means that every school in Australia will receive federal government funding to put towards student wellbeing.
The aim of the funding is to address impacts on student wellbeing caused by disruptions to school due to COVID.
You can find out the ‘who, what, when, how, why’ here: 5 commonly asked questions about the Student Wellbeing Boost funding. You can also join our free webinar to learn more about using boost for whole-of-school wellbeing. Details are at the bottom of this page.
Peer Support is a cost-effective way to use your Student Wellbeing Boost.
Use your Student Wellbeing Boost to embed a culture of Peer Support
Peer Support is more than just a program: it’s a whole-of-school approach to mental health and wellbeing. It’s embedding a school culture that puts relationships at the core of everything. It’s embracing a wellbeing strategy that is universal, strengths-based, preventative, and holistic.
The program involves senior students being trained as Peer Leaders, and leading small groups of younger students in weekly structured sessions.
Our student-led program that is backed by research and endorsed by state education departments.
Participating in the program equips kids and young people with the skills and tools to build strong relationships and navigate life with a positive mindset. Students learn the social and emotional literacy skills to better manage life’s ups and downs.
The Student Wellbeing Boost is a cost-effective opportunity to support all students
In addition to running the Peer Support Program at your school, there are many ways you can engage with our organisation to build a culture of belonging and connectedness. We are experts at supporting schools to build whole-of-school student wellbeing — and we’ve been doing it for more than 50 years.
Use your Student Wellbeing Boost to:
- Implement and run the Peer Support Program.
- Build wellbeing through student voice by training your SRC coordinator.
- Develop your student wellbeing strategy with the support of a Peer Support expert.
- Embed a school culture of wellbeing with educational talks delivered to staff, students and parents.
- Train your entire staff in the Peer Support approach with a tailored workshop delivered at your school.
Peer Support is backed by 50 years of research and practice
Peer Support schools experience a range of benefits, including:
- Improved wellbeing across the whole school community.
- Positive relationships across peer groups and cohorts.
- Students who are empowered to take personal responsibility.
- Students who are better equipped to manage life’s ups and downs.
The Peer Support Program is evidence-based, cost-effective, and has a long-term impact on the mental health of students and the school culture.
Email us to find out more about using the your funding boost to access the Peer Support Program.
We’re endorsed by Education Departments
The Peer Support Program is a preferred NSW Department of Education provider of wellbeing programs for both resilience and sense of belonging. We are an endorsed program on the SA Department for Education External Wellbeing Programs Directory. And our Professional learning has been accredited by the ACT Teacher Quality Institute.
Watch the Peer Support Program in action
Students and teachers at Oxley Public Shool share their insights on the Peer Support Program, and how it has helped shape a culture of belonging at their school.
High schools love the program too. Students and teachers at Mamre Anglican College tell us how the Peer Support Program has boosted student wellbeing and nurtured strong relationships across grades.
Find our more with our free webinar
We recently hosted a webinar, Student Wellbeing Boost: Build Whole School Wellbeing Using A Peer Led Approach. Would you like a free copy of the 30-minute recording?
The event covered details about the funding boost and how you can use it to support the mental health and wellbeing of all students at your school.
We shared insights into:
- How you can use your Student Wellbeing Boost
- Evidence-based ways to build whole-of-school student wellbeing
- The different modules and resources available with the Peer Support Program
- The programs and services available from Peer Support Australia
Please use the button below to email us to request a copy.