Peer Support Australia is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the organisation collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person.
This statement outlines:
- what information we collect from you
- how your information may be used
- how you may access and correct your information
The information we collect is provided by you or from public documents. The type of information includes:
- identity and contact details
- history of contacts, training and purchases from Peer Support Australia
- financial history with Peer Support Australia
Use and disclosure
Information held by us will not be disclosed to a third party without consent from the customer.
Specifically we will not provide to a third party:
- our membership list (however this may be viewed on our website – schools are given the opportunity to opt out of this service each year, prior to renewing membership. This option is provided with annual renewal invoice and must be in writing from the school)
- names of peer support coordinators
- names of individual participants in our program
Names of individual schools running our program may be provided to potential sponsors or other parties unless a written request is received from schools wishing to remain anonymous.
Copies of letters from schools who have received sponsorship may be provided to the sponsor.
We may also provide mailing lists to a mailing company providing us with a bulk mail service. These lists will contain addresses and contacts only and will not contain any information of a personal nature.
No quotes will be attributed to any person without first receiving their consent.
Quality, Access and Updating
You may access and update the information that we hold about you at any time. To assist us in ensuring your information is accurate, complete and current, please contact us if there are any changes in the details you have provided to us.
Cookies On This Website
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this) or by clicking the ‘decline’ option on the cookies prompt that appears as a banner on our website when you first visit. Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase. This also includes using data for re-marketing purposes such as advertising our products and services to you, subject to us receiving your consent for cookies.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information you can contact us through our preferred contact method:
- Email: [email protected]