For Help Call : 1300 579 963
Peer Support Australia’s SRC Leadership for Teachers Workshop is ideal for those responsible for coordinating the Student Representative Council at their school. This interactive workshop assists schools to develop an effective SRC program which encourages meaningful and active participation of students across all areas of school life.
Time: 2.00pm – 5.00pm
– investigating democracy and democratic processes
– identifying what contributes to a positive school culture
– identifying a whole school approach with links to curriculum and welfare
– identifying structures for leadership opportunities
– analysing existing models of leadership
– an implementation model
– increased confidence in organising and sustaining a leadership program
– networking and action planning
– student project ideas
– student training notes and activities
Afternoon tea and refreshments will be provided.
Teacher Accreditation and Professional Development
The SRC Leadership for Teachers Workshop meets Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient Teacher, Descriptors 3.5.2, 6.4.2, 6.3.2, 7.4.2. In NSW, teachers will receive 6 hours of BOSTES endorsed accreditation. Read more on Teacher Accreditation.