For Help Call : 1300 579 963
Would you like to join the team at Peer Support Australia as a Wellbeing Education Consultant?
Are you creative, proactive and enthusiastic? Are you genuinely passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people? Do you thrive on being at the leading edge of student wellbeing? This could be the role for you!
For enquiries about the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be submitted online. Please note that no applications will be accepted by email. Thank you.
Position Title: Wellbeing Education Consultant
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Reporting to: Education Manager
Probationary period: 6 months
To assist schools as they create positive culture and enhance the mental health and wellbeing of students.
Wellbeing Education Consultants have the following major responsibilities:
– Building and maintaining relationships with schools
– Identifying, developing and delivering training to support schools in mental health and wellbeing promotion
– Identifying, developing resources to enhance student wellbeing
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Education Manager, the position is one of three full time Consultants and is responsible for supporting a number of primary and secondary schools across the country.
– Establish and maintain relationships with schools and key personnel in areas of responsibility
– Work collaboratively with colleagues at various levels
– Promote ethical behaviour and maintain positive relationships to enhance wellbeing in the workplace
– Interact with staff and clients in a helpful and informative manner
Training and Resource Development Activities
– Consult and research to identify training and resource needs
– Develop and deliver training for teachers
– Develop and trial new learning materials
– Evaluate training and resources for teachers and students
– Proof and edit learning and promotional materials
– Conduct self in a professional manner at all times
– Represent Peer Support Australia in professional attire at all times
– Contribute to and maintain positive organisational culture
– Maintain current knowledge in the fields of Education, Mental Health and Wellbeing
– Maintain accurate records in a timely manner
– Negotiate workplans and targets
– Attend and contribute to meetings and planning weeks
– Meet organisational timelines
Our Wellbeing Education Consultants are creative, proactive and enthusiastic. They are passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people. They demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills; are self-aware and reflect on their practice.
Our Wellbeing Education Consultants work effectively as part of a team and demonstrate initiative and self-direction to work independently. While consultants are based in Sydney, variable working hours and travel are expected.
Qualifications in either:
– Social Work
Experience, skills and knowledge
– An understanding of the importance of mental health and wellbeing promotion
– Well developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact with staff, management and clients at all levels of the organisation
– Commitment to providing a high level of service to schools
– Demonstrated ability to develop and implement programs and/or training
– Experience working with or in schools
– High level of written and oral communication skills
– Understanding and knowledge of The Australian Curriculum
– Understanding and knowledge of adult education
– Excellent presentation and group facilitation skills
– Good analytical and problem solving skills
– Computer skills with proven experience in Microsoft office programs
– Proven sound judgement and discretion with information
Licences or certificates
– Current class C Australian driver’s licence
– Australian citizen or permanent resident